Wednesday, January 20, 2010

artwork in progress



I thought I'd share a little peek at how the exhibition artwork is coming along... I'm pretty happy with it all so far! The pieces of timber were cut to size last week with the help of my father-in-law (and his wonderful selection of power tools!). I had a small hiccup when the first lot of prints came back from the printer looking disastrous (all the blue was green and the textures had disappeared) but the problem was soon sorted and the second set of prints was perfect! I sanded all the timber edges over the weekend and stuck the paper down yesterday. I've just now finished sanding back the paper, so now all that's left to do is the varnishing. It's been a really fun process so far, and really exciting to try something new and experiment a little. Getting very excited about opening night Friday week!

No comments: