Monday, March 8, 2010

lovely lark




How was your weekend? I had such a fabulous Sunday! Marty and I drove up to Daylesford to deliver my first lot of stock to the lovely Allison at Lark (I was pretty excited!). It was a real pleasure to meet Allison and Tess, (hi guys!) and have a look around the very gorgeous Lark shop.
Daylesford was super-busy with the Chillout Festival in action, and there was a real buzz in the air - it was a great weekend to visit, so much fun!
Allison kindly marked out a few places on the map where we could do some good vintage and thrift shopping, and one of those places was the Mill Markets. Oh I was in heaven! SO MUCH vintage and retro stuff all under one roof, it was packed full of treasure. I came home with one very beautiful West German ceramic vase - pictured above (the cream one). I have a love of West German ceramics from the 60s, and I bought the little red vase a while ago because I fell in love with it instantly. So you can imagine my delight when I found this 'big sister' version... and it was reduced to half it's original price... what a great find - Thanks Allison!

12 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Oh Allison is so lovely, glad you had a great trip & found those divine vases. I'm completely uneducated on West German decor. I just think they look nice.
So you weren't flying kites like us?? Love Posie

Irene MissyMinzy said...

Hrm...am the same when comes to West German decor, Posie. But I like the red one. Looks like I need to make a trip down to Daylesford v soon...:)

Melissa said...

Love the vases- what a heavenly day you 2 managed to have! Been reading all over your blog- & love it!!!!

Melissa

http://misssewandso.blogspot.com

Brad said...

nice to hear you had a lovely wkd! these vases are gorgeous! it is always so fun to go thrift shopping and find a real treasure!

Julissa Mora said...

hey Bee, congrats! i know you'll do well...i just love your all your goodies in your shop :)

nice vases! that red is gorgeous and the patterns seem so modern. good find!

Unknown said...

Hi Allison! I just read about your cards and cute illustrations at tutti fruiti blog and here I am following your blog now!

Loved your shop too. I might to buy a card for my friend's baby when it's born:) So happy I found you!

Have a great week!
Katia (Plushka)

Kate said...

They look so happy to have found each other so far away from home and all. X

Tania Verdez said...

Oh my gosh I have that exact same vase!! It totally rocks. How much was yours...lol....

Amy C said...

oh these are just lovely.

avsky said...

Nice find, they're awesome! The patterns look like onions (:

Knicky Knacks said...

Oh yes, the Mill Market - takes your breath away when you walk in the doors and feast your eyes on the enormity of all things vintage. There is a Mill Market around the corner from me. Highly, highly dangerous. If I wasn't so distracted with having to chase my 2.5 year old around that place, I'd do some serious damage on the credit card!

Anastasia said...

Allison is a real sweetie! Id love to visit Daylesford oneday and hey it was great to see you on Allison's blog - always lovely to see a face behind a name!!
hugs!