Friday, August 20, 2010

happiness is a warm slice

Hi all! How has your week been? I've had a busy one, but I always try to make time to do some baking. I find cooking or gardening are great ways to have a little time-out from illustrating work whilst still being productive! This week I baked this yummy Cinnamon Date Slice mmm! It's really easy, and as far as cakes go, its not too super naughty either. The recipe is from the Country Women's Association recipe book, which has so many awesome recipes contributed by women in country towns across Australia who have been creating and collecting recipes for decades. I've written the recipe below - I highly recommend you give it a try. Have awesome weekends, wherever you are :)

Oh and stay tuned, next week I'm starting a new little segment - hopefully regular - where I do a mini-interview with an artist or crafter who's work I really love... You'll LOVE the super talented lass I have lined-up for next week... can't wait to share with you all! xoxo

Cinnamon Date Slice

125g butter
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup SR flour
1 cup chopped dates
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
pinch salt

Using electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
Slowly mix in all other ingredients.
Pour mixture into a greased and lined slice tin and bake in a moderate oven 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown on top.

6 comments:

Tamara Henderson said...

they look yummy!!!

Welcome! said...

looks yummo! How did you get such a good pic???

bee said...

I didn't think the pic was all that good :P Umm - I guess I just used natural light... pointed and shot :D And a bit of cropping always helps hehe!

Unknown said...

Looks yummy! Must try this recipe!

Have a great weekend!

Amy C said...

mmmmmm, I love cinnamon this looks like a winner!

Francisco Martins said...

mmmmmmmm! Can I have a piece of that??? looks really yummy! :D