Monday, October 11, 2010

lovely things

Romper by Twiglet

Echidna by Mookah

Helllloooo everyone, happy Monday! Did you have a good weekend? I hope so! Melbourne FINALLY turned on some proper sunny Spring weather this weekend, and our day at the Finders Keepers market was sensational. We stopped on the way to the market for some morning tea at the lovely home of our dear friends Liz and Jason - (thanks for the yummy danishes guys!). Then we had a good wander around the Finders Keepers market, in fact we went around twice because there was just SO MUCH beautiful stuff to look at. Well done to all the stall-holders, the standard and variety of handmade goods was just so impressive. I could have spent a fortune, but I stuck to my budget (pat on the back for me - it took a lot of will power!). I bought the two lovely items above.... the CUTEST little retro-print baby romper from the awesomely talented Dana of Twiglet. And this Echidna softie, which I've named Crazy Ed, from the equally talented Mookah. We finished off our ace day out with lunch in the sunshine by the water at Docklands - felt like a holiday!
Hope your week is off to a great start :) xoxo

9 comments:

Kate said...

It sounds like a great day and I love that little suit.
A weekend that felt like a holiday is the best!
I hope your week is off to a great start too.

Knicky Knacks said...

Too cute. I really do have to get myself organised to go to one of these markets. I've done the markets in my home town to death and they don't come close to the handmade delights of Melbourne. Hope you are well. You're right about that gorgeous Spring weather - just beautiful.

mel @ loved handmade said...

Oh gorgeous!! Love the romper especially.

The Ink House said...

I could tell you liked the danishes Bee, even got a mention in your blog! Ha ha... Love the purchases too!! Very cute :D Can't wait to have a sticky if there is a next one. I missed out on Tim burton exhi too :(

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

Super cute buys, well done for restraint. So many cool handmade things now, just perfect for Christmas shopping, ahhhh, love Posie

Yelle Belle said...

Went to finders keepers market yesterday bee! seen your work at lark stand...very cute! :)

Tamara Henderson said...

Very lovely finds! The patterns and colors are wonderful!

Francisco Martins said...

So cute!! love the dress :)

Xoxo

Irene ~ RE~VINTAGED said...

Fabulous choices!! Great prints.