Sunday, December 19, 2010

gettin saucy

 Here it is at the start...
 Here it is 4 hours later...
Voila! Ready to give :)

For as long as I can remember, my family have always given each other home-made gifts at Christmas. We've never much cared for extravagant gifts, preferring to have something that's been made with love! This year, I've made a couple of batches of tomato sauce (ketchup) for all my relatives. Summer is barbecue season, and you can't have a barbecue without sauce, right?! So here's the result of my efforts, and I'm pretty happy with how it all turned out! Do you get busy in your kitchen at Christmas time? What yummy things do you like to make?

8 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

I love it, what a gorgeous idea. Any chance you'll share the recipe?? Love Posie

Kelly Medina said...

I love homemade gifts too! I love making gifts for my family. I usually bake sweet treats to give to everyone or sew a little something.

Yours turned out so cute! I love the bottles. Did you re-use old bottles or have a source to get empties?

Happy Holidays to you and yours! :)

Cally Johnson-Isaacs said...

Oh Bee what a lovely idea! I completely agree, a gift made with love is better than spending a fortune on things we don't need! xx

ps. your new art prints are beautiful!

TJ Lubrano said...

I'm a big fan of home made gifts! The sauce looks delicious!

I love to bake cookies, cupcakes, cake, fudge things like that. Easy to give away too ^_^.

Ken said...

What a great idea! It looks pretty tasty too... Im sure it will go down well! Merry Christmas when it comes :D

PS: Hope youre well!

Nina Seven N7 said...

they look fabulous, bee!

bee said...

Thanks everyone!
Kelly - There is a place near my home that apparently sells new jars etc, but I re-use when I can! These bottles are 300ml soft-drink bottles. They have a metal screw-top lid, so they can be sterilised properly. I just re-use these once, then throw them in the recycle. Also good are bottles of satay sauce etc you can get from the supermarket... as long as the lids are metal! :)

Daria Hlazatova said...

oh wow! this looks absolutely delicious!